Hub Drop-in Centre Manager – Full Time – £26,000 pa
Closing Date: Monday 18th March 2019 at 10am
· £26,000 per annum
· Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
· Fixed Term Contract – ends on or before 1st May 2020
As the include hub drop-in Centre Manager you will be a member of the Senior Management Team, reporting to the Managing Director, but will be fully involved in day-day delivery, supporting staff in their roles and creating the welcoming and upbeat environment of the hub.
You will need to be a strong leader, with an excellent understanding of the challenges faced by people involved in offending, and someone who is confident in communicating with people from all walks of life without judgement.
As the include hub drop-in Centre Manager you will help manage and grow the drop-in service by strengthening our partnership links and coordinating services delivered at the hub. Increasing the opportunities for offenders, volunteers and developing the ideas for people to be involved in positive activities.
Include (trading name of Gibran UK) is a not for profit organisation that has been providing free independent community support to offenders across Wales since 2006, supporting nearly 3k people in this time.
Our flagship project, the ‘include hub’, is shaped by ex-offenders to benefit this group and the wider community. The project is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
At the hub, there is access to 1:1 support, and open drop-in where people receive practical and emotional support, from basic needs (positive company, nutritious lunch, a hot shower, clothing), to involvement in groups or courses with a focus on participation in positive activities.
The hub’s design relies on the input of volunteers and its member, and offers Swansea a real opportunity to create a new model of working, one that is genuinely co-produced by people who benefit from the service, and offers the flexibility to give members what they want.
The position of include hub drop-in Centre Manager is a front-line leadership role within a small community hub. You'll be responsible for all many aspects of the day-to-day operations, including:
- recruit, train supervise staff and volunteers
- Chair meetings and deliver training
- Promote the hub and recruit new members
- managing small budgets
- assessing and managing risk (premises and inter personal)
- maintain quality standards and ensure health and safety compliance
- organise activities for hub members
- attend network meetings and liaise with external stakeholders
- safeguard and promote the welfare of members and staff
- ensure a quality service that meets the targets agreed by our funders the National Lottery Community Fund.
Fixed Term Contract, ending on or before May 2020
Interviews week commencing 25th March 2019
For further information about this role and to apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01792 814792.
Closing Date: 10am, Monday 18th March 2019